[antlr-interest] Updated C++ parser version 3.1 published November 2005

David Wigg wiggjd at lsbu.ac.uk
Mon Nov 21 04:02:32 PST 2005

Hello C++ parsers,

I have uploaded our updated C++ parser, CPP_parser.g Version 3.1
November 2005, to the list of grammars on the antlr website at
http://www.antlr.org/grammar/list to replace Version 3.0 July 2004.

It still uses ANTLR 2.7.3 but it should work with all later
versions of ANTLR 2.7.? . I may be able to produce a version
which uses ANTLR 3.?  next year.

Please note that this latest version still assumes input of
preprocessed C/C++ programs and produces lexers and parsers
written in C++.

This version has been improved by the cooperation of users who
have submitted problem code which the previous version, V.3.0
July 2004, could not parse.

I realise that introducing an updated version of a parser
entails extra work but I hope that by using my method of
subclassing your application code that this work will be reduced
to a minimum. See MyReadMe3.1.txt for further information.

This version includes additional features to assist debugging as
follows,

*   Statement trace feature which as supplied is ON for
demonstration purposes. It can be turned ON/OFF in CPP_parser.g
or CPPParser.cpp.

*   ANTLR trace feature which requires replacing LLkParser.cpp
and LLkParser.hpp with slightly modified version supplied. It
can be turned ON/OFF in CPP_parser.g or CPPParser.cpp.

*   A slightly modified version of Parser.cpp which produces
error messages to cout as well as cerr.

Please see MyReadMe3.1.txt for further information.

You can use the preprocessed program Quadratic.i in
...\CPP_parserV3.1\TestIfiles to verify correct installation.

I welcome queries and questions from users.

David Wigg
Research Fellow
Centre for Systems and Software Engineering
London South Bank University
London, UK
wiggjd at bcs.org.uk
blackse at lsbu.ac.uk