[antlr-interest] Upgrade a token/AST from inside the parser.

Martin Probst mail at martin-probst.com
Tue Nov 22 05:01:45 PST 2005

> ALL databases?
>
> Sorry for jumping on my hobbyhorse, but from your other messages, you
> seem to be assuming that columns and tables are universals.

Plus, I've once worked at a company producing a relational database that
provided some sort of a compatibility mode for Oracle. They were nicely
implementing all the Oracle bugs. Those were known to Oracle, but they
just didn't care because of their market power.
Be aware that there is an SQL standard, but that's only used for
teaching students. There is not a single implementation that you could
call compliant to the standard, not even close to. AFAIK Postgres is
closest, but Oracle is _really_ different (e.g. "" === NULL and other
funny things).

Your probably aware of that, so how do you want to create a
cross-database SQL parser?

Martin