[antlr-interest] Antlr 3 and the newline token problem

Micheal J open.zone at virgin.net
Fri Nov 25 18:17:43 PST 2005

Please don't post HTML mail to the list.

> I would be against putting file name tracking in antlr.

I can't agree with that. I just want the ability to turn it off.

> I believe antlr itself should just do parsing and everything else
> like source file tracking, line tracking ,etc should be added on
> top.

Filename tracking is a quite different from col/line/offset tracking. The
latter really should be handled by the tool as it can have a serious impact
on lexer performance if done inefficiently. Parsers would just inherit
whatever the lexer was able to gather.

Micheal