[antlr-interest] changed 'x' to "x" for v3

Kay Roepke kroepke at dolphin-services.de
Sun Nov 27 10:27:59 PST 2005

On 27. Nov 2005, at 18:11 Uhr, Terence Parr wrote:

> Ok, so we have a pretty good argument FOR and AGAINST now.  More
> ideas folks?

On an afterthought,

having to use a lot of escaping is pretty counterproductive, IMHO.
What kind of different usage do
you have in mind for the remaining single quote characters?

I'd support the double-quote-only strategy, though. I think that the
shift-' isn't that much of a deal,
because in other languages that's not a big problem, either. One is
quite used to do that, anyway.
And if it means that ANTLR's source code is getting simpler that way,
I think it's worth it.

Kay