[antlr-interest] Brainstom: Making ANTLR Studio & Antlr Eclipse play together

Prashant Deva prashant.deva at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 07:00:02 PDT 2005

As you guys already know, if you try using AS(ANTLR Studio) with AE(ANTLR
Eclipse), AS seems to use the antlr provided with AE.
Also you are not supposed to enable AS on a project which has AE enabled on
it.

The solution to the 2nd problem is simple. I have put AS project nature in a
'one-of' set. Scott can put the same 'one-of' set id in his plugin and thus
you wont be able to enable both the plugins on the same project.

But I cant seem to find the solution to the first problem. Can anyone
familiar with eclipse give me any suggestions on solving this?

This is how the current situation is-
In the plugins directory, there are 2 files-
org.antlr_xxx //for use by AE
AntlrStudio.Antlr_1.0.0 //for use by AS

Now what is happening is the AS runtime seems to be using the codegen of '
org.antlr' instead of AntlrStudio.Antlr , although i dont reference
org.antlr anywhere.
This is probably cause the package and class names are same in both the
jars.

So can anyone come up with any ideas on how to solve the problem?

For those wondering about the antlr_2.7.6 jar inside the AntlrStudio_1.0.0
directory, it is the runtime jar which is used when you run your projects.
The AntlrStudio.Antlr is a special jar which contains special code used
internally by AS.
The antlr_2.7.6 is the normal antlr and is provided without a license, so
you can distribute it with your progs, while everything else including the '
AntlrStudio.Antlr_1.0.0.jar' is proprietary.

--
Prashant Deva
Creator, ANTLR Studio, http://www.antlrstudio.com