Fwd: [antlr-interest] Brainstom: Making ANTLR Studio & Antlr Eclipse play together

Torkild U. Resheim torkildr at resheim.no
Mon Oct 10 05:40:10 PDT 2005

On Monday 10 October 2005 13:41, Prashant Deva wrote:
> Hi torkild,
>
> >Perhaps you should consider assigning an Eclipse builder to the plugin.
>
> This
>
> >way which builder(s) will be used (and in which order) is controlled by
> > the contents of the .project file.
>
> I already do that and in fact the builder is the only place antlr is
> called.
There is no reference to your plugin in the buildspec and I am using it (your
plugin that is). There is however an action in the package explorer for
building the parser. You don't need this if you hook into the build
framework. Did you implement an IncrementalProjectBuilder or similar?

> >You should probably take a look at the plugin deployment classpaths. It is
> >possible to have different versions of the same classes in different
>
> plugins.
> I am sorry i dont seem to get you.
> As i already said, i dont reference the org.antlr jar in any place.
But antlr_2.7.6.jar is distributed with your plugin. Anyway, you're saying
that your "codegen" is utilizing the wrong ANTLR library and that you're not
referencing it anywhere. (I'm guessing that this refers to the action that
generates the code). If you're using a custom version if the ANTLR libraries
you should really put them in a package with another name. In Eclipse 3.1
there was introduced a method of controlling access to other plugins and
libraries. Maybe that could help you out.

> >Your plugin does not
> >seem to contribute some help. I guess it's early days still, but I'm
>
> missing
>
> >clues on how to get started with the debugger.
>
> The help manual will be available in the final version as i have said on my
> blog.
> Meanwhile, you can see a demonstration video of the debugger at
> antlrstudio.com <http://antlrstudio.com> :)
I don't watch flash videos ;-) That kind of stuff is also stopped by my
browser.

> PRASHANT

[snip]
--
Med vennlig hilsen / Kind regards                                  ((
Torkild Ulvøy Resheim, Senior Systemutvikler / Software Engineer    ))