[antlr-interest] Installation: configure and ORACLE

Ric Klaren ric.klaren at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 05:59:56 PDT 2005

McCall, Kurt wrote:
> A coworker of mine is attempting to install ANTLR on a Cygwin platform.
> "configure" terminates with this error message:
>
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating W
> config.status: error: cannot find input file: \WIN\ORAWIN\ORACLE.INI
>
> Why does ANTLR require Oracle?  Can the search for Oracle be disabled?

This must be something bleeding in from the environment where it's
installed. There's no oracle references in the antlr. I could expect a
problem with quoting in the configure script but with just this
information I can't tell. I run configure regularly on a recent-ish
Mingw install without trouble.

Cheers,

Ric