[antlr-interest] segmentation fault on calling consume() in C++

Augustinus Topor topor at web.de
Fri Sep 16 03:09:09 PDT 2005

Hello,
I have a simple test grammar only accepting "test" as input.
I turned of the creation of the default error handler.
Entering a character sequence different to "test" results in an exception.
So far so good.
But when I try to call consume() in the catch block to continue parsing after
the characters not recognized, I get a segmentation fault. Adding a rule
matching all other characters solves the problem but leads to lots of
ambiguity warnings(when using more substantial grammars).
Does anyone has another solution? Thanks in advance,
Augustinus Topor

I'm using ANTLR version 2.7.5 on Linux.