[antlr-interest] Re: Antlr Studio is cool.

Paul Johnson gt54-antlr at cyconix.com
Wed Sep 21 05:56:10 PDT 2005

Scott Stanchfield wrote:
> As far as I recall, Prashant never said it would be free. The "video-only"
> previews were just to demonstrate what he was doing and gauge interest.
>
> RE "testing a commercial product", have you never heard of public betas?
> Many many many commercial products have public betas, and some even ask that
> you pay to participate (the M$ office betas, for example).
>
> Absolutely nothing wrong with this, so please chill...

I have no problem with commercial software. The problems, as far as I'm
concerned, are:

1) the beta expires after 7 days. This is hardly long enough to install
it, let alone find out if it does anything useful.

2) No-one's going to evaluate a beta of commercial software without some
idea of what it'll cost if it works.