Licenses etc. (was: Re: [antlr-interest] Re: Antlr Studio iscool.)

Anthony Youngman Anthony.Youngman at eca-international.com
Fri Sep 23 01:46:21 PDT 2005

I said that you can't *sell* my work. You said you can *charge* for my
work. Where's the conflict?

And as for the "definition of derivative", that's not the GPL's problem.
If, LEGALLY, your work is a derivative of a GPL work, then the GPL
applies. Because the GPL is a *licence*, then the meaning of the word
"derivative" is whatever your government says it is, and it's not in the
GPL's interest to try to (re)define it.

As for what happened with the phone call with RMS, I guess Ter said "I
know what the GPL does, and it's not what I want". I can't see RMS
having a problem with that ...

Cheers,
Wol