[antlr-interest] Advice needed

Gevik Babakhani gevik at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 5 09:03:13 PDT 2006

Folks,

I would like some advice of the following. Advice needed

I have been playing with ANTLR for sometime now and for learning reasons I
would like to create my own language interpreter. I looked at the
tinybasic and pascal (java) examples. I have no problem reading the
sources but I see that I just lack the knowledge of why and how things are
done.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a book or any good writing about
creating a language interpreter or a compiler. Well, the lexer, the parser
and the tree walker part I understand but what happens next if one would
like to build a simple language interpreter.

(Function Scope?, Stack?!)

PS.
I know taking Ters classes at the uni would be the best option but I live
too far for that :(

Thank you.