[antlr-interest] Using ANTLR to help translate C++ to C#

Joshua Gough jsgough at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 10:11:16 PDT 2006

Hello,

I have some files that have a large amount of business logic implemented in
C++ / COM. For performance reasons, I may need to convert these to C# to
avoid COM interop performance issues. Manually doing this would involve
removing some macros, removing some com-specific try/catch statements, and
transitioning some pointers to first-class return values. The business logic
will stay almost 100% the same though.

I was wondering if using ANTLR might be a way to help automate this task.
Does anyone have any suggestions on the feasisbility of that?

Thanks,
Josh