[antlr-interest] Using ANTLR to help translate C++ to C#

Andy Tripp antlr at jazillian.com
Mon Apr 10 13:32:17 PDT 2006

Joshua Gough wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have some files that have a large amount of business logic
> implemented in C++ / COM. For performance reasons, I may need to
> convert these to C# to avoid COM interop performance issues. Manually
> doing this would involve removing some macros, removing some
> com-specific try/catch statements, and transitioning some pointers to
> first-class return values. The business logic will stay almost 100%
> the same though.
>
> I was wondering if using ANTLR might be a way to help automate this
> task. Does anyone have any suggestions on the feasisbility of that?
>
> Thanks,
> Josh

It's a lot more work than you'd think.
I make a C-to-Java product called Jazillian.
See http://www.jazillian.com/how.html for a partial list of  what it does.
For C++, you'll need to do all that and more.
The good news is that I'm working on a C++ to Java product.
The bad news is that it won't be ready for a couple of months.

Andy