[antlr-interest] Re: [stringtemplate-interest] StringTemplate name

Sam Barnett-Cormack sdb at geekworld.co.uk
Tue Apr 11 12:32:16 PDT 2006

Bernhard Schmalhofer wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> But really, +1 on ST
>>

> I think that ST by itself is too non-descriptive.
> How about SimpleTemplate? ST is a templating engine and is simple, in a
> good way.

I think, perhaps, a more descriptive acronym like ANTLR might be worth
it. I know there is an investment in the current domain name, but hey,
if you really want a good name, you have to ignore the sunk-cost fallacy.

So, how about something like Powerful Flexible Textual Templating
Engine, abbreviated to... ummm... PoFTeT? Reminds me a little of MOSFET...

Okay, that one specifically is lame, but you get the idea I'm aiming at

Sam, with many more tuppences available...