[antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR Works and compiler settings...

Rob Greene robgreene at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 06:17:18 PDT 2006

Hmm... I decided to get you the compile message, but on second glance (and I
did verify from the class files), it does compile. When I switch over to my
1.5 JDK, it appears to compile but then times out waiting for the debugger
to start. I see the following messages in the console:

[08:09:10] Note: C:\Temp\ANTLR\BasicExpression.java uses unchecked or unsafe
operations.
[08:09:10] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

But I'm now guessing that they are merely warnings.

After a little bit of thought, I realized that when I double-click the JAR
file, I must be launching the 1.4 JDK. So, of course using the 1.5 compiler
would cause problems.

I manually launched from the 1.5 JDK and I can compile and debug just fine.

Sorry about the confusion - newbie mistake!! (Maybe the version of the JVM
can be displayed in the about box? Not sure if I would have caught that but
it could be useful...)
-Rob