[antlr-interest] parser not throwing exception

Dilip Easwaran dilipe at coreobjects.com
Sun Aug 13 02:25:22 PDT 2006

Hi All:

       I am using antlr version 2.7.5.
       I have for my requirements a calculation utility as part of which  i have defined a function "len": Basically, returns the length of an alphanumeric input

       len returns [ String result = "" ] throws Exception  :
       LENKEYWORD
       (
          LPAREN
          (
                result = statement
          )
          RPAREN
         (
             { result = ""+result.length(); }
         )
     );

     for Iput : len("Hello!"

     the result is :   line 1:10: expecting RPAREN, found 'null' .

     But it is logging this error to the stderr and not throwing it. I cant override reportError method in LLkParser to throw an exception.
     how do i go about doing this?

Regards,

Dilip