[antlr-interest] ECMAScript grammar for ANTLR v2

Micheal J open.zone at virgin.net
Wed Aug 23 04:00:22 PDT 2006

Hi,

> I also tried the ECMAscript grammar for ANTLR 2 , posted in
> the site, but it also doesn't seem to work - the generated
> parser doesn't recognize any javascript input. Are there any
> plans to fix that in the near future ? Thanks very much.
>
> Regards,
> Angel

It seems you have a need for a working ECMAScript ANTLR grammar. Two

You could take either of the existing non-working grammars (v2 is probably
the logical choice at this point given the wealth of working samples and
documentation[1*]) and improve it till it does what you want.

Or, try to find out what happened to Cesar's ANTLR grammar. He was writing
an ECMAScript compiler for the Mono project using ANTLR a few years ago (he
eventually switched to using a port of Rhino).

In either case, you could then contribute the improved grammar back to the
grammar repository.

Micheal

[1*]	V3 however has the useful AntlrWorks IDE.