[antlr-interest] ANTLR 2 - reducing the number of exceptions being thrown when parsing

Ari Steinberg Ari.Steinberg at EMBARCADERO.COM
Wed Dec 6 11:33:11 PST 2006

A while back there was some talk of using a global error variable to
indicate when a predicate failed rather then throwing exceptions.  We
implemented something along these lines ( for the java code generator )
and found it useful.  I've included a diff in case anyone else wanted to
make use of the changes or incorporate it into the latest release.
Since we've made many other changes to the generator and are using ANTLR
2.7.5, I used a context diff since some line numbers will be off from
the original JavaCodeGenerator.java file.

Cheers,
Ari