[antlr-interest] Using ANTLR for Interpreting scripting languages

Foolish Ewe foolishewe at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 14 07:37:07 PST 2006

Hello All:

I'm trying to use an ANTLR grammar I've made for a sort of scripting
language.
Historically I've tested the grammar using input files, but the users may
invoke the
interactively invoke the scripting tool whlie reading from System.in.  Since
the language
does not have flow of control constructs (it is pretty simple in that
respect).

When I tried using an ANTLRInputStream  from System.in  (based on the
ExpressionEvaluator),
I noticed that the expression evaluator appears to read all input until end
of file, and then
parses all the input.  Can I get ANTLR to parse input as it is being read
in?

Regards:

Bill M.