[antlr-interest] [v3] not including text in token. Still possible?

Kay Roepke kroepke at dolphin-services.de
Mon Feb 6 15:32:50 PST 2006

On 7. Feb 2006, at 0:20 Uhr, Terence Parr wrote:

> Hmm...well i used to just record the start index before every
> element (token or rule) and then if not a bang, add chars from
> saved index to current index into buffer.  If a bang, then don't
> add.  Would that work?

It sure would, but wouldn't this mean we'd always create a buffer and
copy the string? I'd rather not lose the ability to use the indexing
into the input
buffer. Just recording the indices and copy to buffer once I see a
bang and pick up after that was the first idea I had...
I could probably set some flag if I've seen a bang and only then
really copy the buffer. Yeah, that might work...

-k