[antlr-interest] Newbie needs guidance on passing paramters to functions

Dan Spaven danspaven at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 16 07:40:28 PST 2006

Hi there,

I'm attempting to parse and translate a C like language (with a limited set
of constructs) into bytecode. The language has #include statements at the
start of the program pointing to files containing the functions needed. I've
successfully expanded these files inline using the java include example that
comes with antlr-2.7.5.

My problem is that despite my best efforts i still have no idea on how to
pass the parameters to these functions from calls that occur later on in the
code.

my questions are:

Can this be done by just using a grammar file or will i need to build a
treeparser?
and depending on the answer to the above can anybody give me any details on
a recommended solution?

Any replies would be very much appreciated,

Cheers,

Dan