[antlr-interest] Query regarding Error handling in Antlr parser

Aparna Shivaswamy a_shivaswamy at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 27 09:02:48 PST 2006

Hi,
I see that all the functions in the parser code handle execeptions by
calling restore(). This does not work very well for the application I am
working on. There is no way to catch an error as no exceptions are thrown
and there is no return value that indicates that there was an error. This
results in a core dump in my application in case of an invalid input.
I have had to manually change the auto generated parser to throw exceptions
instead of calling restore.
Is there a way to specify this in the grammar file?
Pl: I am using antlr version 2.7.5
Thanks,
Aparna