[antlr-interest] Syntax error in action: What is wrong with my syntax?

Mark Felzer mark.felzer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 18:45:08 PST 2006

For some reason I keep getting a syntax error, what is wrong with with this
syntax?

typeDefinition:
        ID EQUAL! type
        { #typeDefinition= #([TYPE_DEFINITION,"TypeDefinition"], ID,
([TEST1] ID),([TEST2] type) );     }
        ;

ANTLR Parser Generator   Version 2.7.5 (20050201)   1989-2005 jGuru.com
grammer.txt:55:53: Syntax error in action: grammer.txt:55:53: expecting ')',
found 'I'
Exiting due to errors.

I want the resulting AST tree to have TYPE_DEFINITION to be the rootnode
with the first child to be ID, the second CHILD to be a subtree, and third
to also be a subtree.
TYPE_DEFINITION, TEST1, TEST2 are all imaginary nodes. I am trying to follow
an example in the "TREE CONSTRUCTION" portion of the manual.

Thank you for your help
Mark F.