[antlr-interest] Antlrv3 docs (was New article on StringTemplates and Treewalkers)

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Sat Jan 14 12:15:29 PST 2006

On Jan 14, 2006, at 12:05 PM, Sohail Somani wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 11:30 -0800, Terence Parr wrote:
>> ANTLR v3 is doing very well at separation so far I feel.  I have
>> people working on or potentially will work on targets as follows:
>>
>> Java: uncle T
>> C++: Ric
>> C#: Michael / Kunle??
>> C: Jim Idle
>> Objective-C: Kay Roepke
>> Python: Marq Kole?, Wolfgang Hafelinger?
>> Ruby: Martin Traverso;
>> LISP: somebody is exploring this at the moment
>> Parrot vm compiler: Bernhard Schmalhofer
>> PhP: Ryan King
>
> Sweet. Are there any docs about antlrv3 yet?

Not yet, just a bunch of examples. :(  I am *almost* ready to freeze
features and then go for fault tolerance (to bad input grammars).
Then a v2 -> v3 translator.  Then doc.  Academic papers at same
time.  Then o'reilly book.  Then more papers then big translation
book...all the while soaking my tendonitis-ridden hands at nice in
ice water ;)

With lunch, early Summer I go 3.0beta with some basic doc.

Ter