[antlr-interest] EOF in Lexer- how to?

Tomasz Jastrzebski tdjastrzebski at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 08:31:28 PST 2006

  Thank you Alexy, but what I want is to solve EXACTLY this problem.
  That is; I need to be able to match:
  // comment text <EOF>
  In another words: I would like to be able to define NewLine, or better yet, EndOfLine as:   EndOfLine :(options{greedy=true;}:"\r\n" | '\r' | '\n' )  | EOF;
  but I can no, the above definition obviously would not work.
  -Tomasz

Alexey Demakov <demakov at ispras.ru> wrote:

  Make NewLine at the end of single line comment optional:

SingleLineComment :"//" ( ~('\r' | '\n') )* ( NewLine )? ;

It will match NewLine everywhere except

// comment text <EOF>

Regards,
Alexey