[antlr-interest] anybody get bitten by ANTLR's AST interface requirement

Martin Probst mail at martin-probst.com
Thu Jan 19 15:43:12 PST 2006

> > I'd be up to the task of writing the ST templates for Java 1.5 if
> > Terence's plan was to only do 1.4. But then the problem of having the
> > ANTLR library using 1.4 or 1.5 could become an issue.
>
> Ah.  That is true.

Just FYI, we use a tool called "Retroweaver" to backport our fully Java
1.5 software so that it runs on Java 1.4. It basically removes all the
generics stuff and does some minor other things (StringBuilder vs.
StringBuffer), after running your jar through it you can directly use it
in 1.4 environments without any manual intervention. Might be an option
for ANTLR, too.

Martin