[antlr-interest] Translating from C++ to C

Robert Mullenix rbmullen at umich.edu
Wed Jul 5 10:16:55 PDT 2006

Hello all,

I've just started learning ANTLR.  I hope this isn't a silly problem, but
I'm having difficulty finding documentation on how to use ANTLR to convert a
C++ grammar to a strictly C output.  I realize that C is a subset of C++,
but I'm trying to develop an augmented C++ grammar and want to take this one
step at a time.  It is my understanding that C is not a code generation
target for ANTLR 2.75, but is one for v3.  From what I can tell, it looks
like I'll need to build v3 and then use a C++ grammar available on the
website (there is one, right?).  After that, I can start working on the
Parser/Lexer file to add any neato features that are the real object of this
endeavor.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,
Robert Mullenix