[antlr-interest] is all right recursion warning unharmful?

=?gb2312?q?=CB=EF=BC=CD=B8=D5=20Jigang=20(Robert)=20Sun?= sunjigang1965 at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Jul 6 11:46:34 PDT 2006

Hi,

I am not sure if I should ignore the warning:

graphExp: (brackGraph)+ (op graphExp)*; //line 33

par.g:33: warning:nondeterminism upon
par.g:33:     k==1:UpperCaseId,LowerCaseId,FunnyId
par.g:33:     k==2:IntDenot,RealDenot,CharDenot,UpperCaseId,LowerCaseId,FunnyId,
";","=","(",")","True","False"
par.g:33:     between alt 1 and exit branch of block
par.g:33: warning:nondeterminism upon
par.g:33:     k==1:UpperCaseId,LowerCaseId,FunnyId
par.g:33:     k==2:IntDenot,RealDenot,CharDenot,UpperCaseId,LowerCaseId,FunnyId,
"(","True","False"
par.g:33:     between alt 1 and exit branch of block

What I know is that some nonderterministism caused by right recursion is unharmful; but I am not
sure if it is true for all right recursive cases.

Thanks.

Jigang