[antlr-interest] Tree to Tree transformations using ANTLR3?

M C mortench2004 at yahoo.dk
Tue Jul 25 04:14:48 PDT 2006

  Since ANTLR3's wonderful TreeAdaptor let ANTLR3 work with non-ANTLR trees in a efficient way, I am considering using ANTLR3 as a generic tree (or maybe graph) transformation tool... I.e. where the input is a tree and output is a new tree. Example domains would be tree rewriting optimizers, rule engines and maybe some graph processing tools.

 However the examples I could find are all text parsing related, so I am unsure if this kind of "Tree 2 Tree" transformations are or will be supported by ANTLR3?

/Morten