[antlr-dev] Re: [antlr-interest] LL(1), LL(k), LL(*), predicated decisions

Jeff Barnes jbarnesweb at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 5 21:56:43 PDT 2006

>  Patterns are just names for
> stuff
> programmers know how to do.

Patterns are names, relationships, consequences,
rigorous problem analyses, concise descriptions of the
problem domain, etc.

I know I'm coming across a little high-handed (or
heavy-handed one). I'm sure some programmers may think
I'm from the moon.

I still think I'm right, to say nothing of your
mastery over the domain of DFAs. :)

> I was just trying to get
> java to listen to
> me. ;)

How's that working out for you, Ter? I try to get java
to listen to me too. Sigh.

> I don't know anything about patterns...I just code.
> If you could
> state simply the opportunity I'm missing, I'd
> appreciate it.  Might
> be a cool trick to learn in this area.

Man, pointer arithmetic is going away. Far away. It's
so 5 minutes ago... ;)

Pardon my irreverence. I truly couldn't help it.

Regards,
Jeff

=========
Jeff Barnes
(206)245-6100

Few things are impossible to diligence and skill.
--- Samuel Johnson (Rasselas Chap. xii.)