[antlr-interest] Re: (follow up) setting, altering text in lexer rules

Bill Canfield canfield at zocalo-tech.com
Mon Jun 12 16:41:19 PDT 2006

> Well the ! thing has always been a pain in the ass ;)  I'd rather opt
> for speed for now with a workable solution and see what happens in
> the future. :)

Ter:

One testcase I profiled (C++) used most of its time allocating more and
more space for the text of a multi-thousand-line comment that I was just
going to throw away anyway.  I was sure! glad! to! have! that
exclamation point!!!

I would like to second Don Caton's viewpoint:  pick good features and
then optimize.

Bill
--
Bill Canfield