[antlr-interest] Lexing C# strings; generated lexer is incorrect?

Micheal J open.zone at virgin.net
Wed Jun 28 03:32:38 PDT 2006

Wilke,

> I want to lex
>     C# strings (such as "A" or @"A"),
>     C# identifiers (such as A or @A) and
>     recognize the QUOTE (") as a standalone token, too.

> Question 1: Is that even possible (in a lexer)?

'examples/csharp/csharp_v1' in 2.7.6 contains a C# v1 parser using C# as
target language. Includes C# lexers using ANTLR and CsFlex (C# port of
JFlex).

Might glean some ideas from them. Incidentally, I think approximate LL(k)
lookahead might be to blame here. ANTLR v3 shouldn't have those issues.

Micheal