[antlr-interest] antlr3 build.xml

Matt Benson gudnabrsam at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 29 09:26:36 PDT 2006

Just DLd the beta, was looking at the build.xml .
It's normal for the default target to perform an
incremental build for speed, so I would recommend that
the "all" target _not_ depend on "clean".  Actually
since "all" depends only on "clean" and "lib", I would
simply remove "all" (until such time as "all" consists
of > 1 thing) and make "lib" the default target.
Users wanting a clean build can use the command line
'ant clean lib'.  That said, it might be nice to
rename "lib" to "build".  Then a clean build can be
had with 'ant clean build' (isn't that similar to make
convention?).  Finally, if you feel like users really
need a single target to do a clean build, you could
specify a non-default target to depend on "clean" and
"lib" (or "build", or whatever).  You could call it
"clean-build", for example... Apache Harmony uses
"rebuild", which I like fairly well.

br,
Matt