[antlr-interest] Want to write a scripting language

raj sisodia raj.sisodia at impetus.co.in
Thu Jun 29 11:22:52 PDT 2006

Hi,

I am new to antlr and I am writing a scripting language (in antlr v3)
which looks similar to java, with simple loop commands, if statement,
basic type, arrays etc. I am able to write the parser (though facing
problem at the AST side but I'll figure that out).

My problem is that, this script would be loosely coupled with another
application written in java and I would like to use the classes
written there. So in a way, my script won’t allow the user to
explicitly call classes but would itself internally use classes from
the other application as required. Also I do not want the user to
compile the script, that should happen only at runtime (would love if
compilation to byte-code can be avoided) and execute the script step
by step.

I would also like to develop a simple editor (but with Intellisence)
for this. Could anyone please provide me little guidance on this? I
tried searching for material that might help me but failed to find
much of use (possibly I am looking at wrong places).

Thanks,
Raj