[antlr-interest] C# Question: cannot convert from 'method group' to 'antlr.collections.AST

Vladimir S. vs667 at nyu.edu
Wed Mar 1 18:47:27 PST 2006

Dear Group,

I am generating C# code and I am using C#.NET 2005 express.
ANTLR does NOT complain about the syntax, but C# seems to when I compile
the code:
The grammar in question is:

*variable :     ID
        (componentSelection )?
        { #variable=
            #(
            [VARIABLE,"VARIABLE"],
            ID,
            componentSelection
            );
        }
    ;*

In this case componentSelection is another rule in the grammar; From
this rule I wanted to generate a node with root node being "VARIABLE"
first child being the ID, and the second child being the tree of the
result of expanding the componentSelection rule. It seems like when I am
using a NON terminals in this context, I get  this error:

I keep getting this error:
        *Error    4    Argument '3': cannot convert from 'method group'
to 'antlr.collections.AST'
C:\=PROGRAMMING=\=Compilers=\ParserFormV03\Parser\ParserCore.cs
1801    79    ParseFormV02
*
This is the C# code that was generated from that grammar:
*variable_AST=
                    (AST)
astFactory.make(astFactory.create(VARIABLE,"VARIABLE"), tmp93_AST,
componentSelection);*

Thanks for all your help,
Vladimir