[antlr-interest] ANTLR 2.7.6 on Tru64 Unix

McCall, Kurt Kurt.E.McCall at nasa.gov
Wed Mar 8 14:30:34 PST 2006

Just wanted to let you know, I was able to install 2.7.6 on a DEC Alpha
running Tru64 Unix (version V5.1, Rev. 732), compiled with Compac cxx
version V6.5-042.  The compiler is fairly up-to-date, but I think our OS
is somewhat old.  We haven't upgraded because the newest OS is
incompatible with some of our hardware.

I did the configuration with environmental variables and did not use
autoconf.  Here are two source code changes that were necessary to
create libantlr.a:

1.   Had to add #define __USE_STD_IOSTREAM to the top of CharBuffer.cpp
and String.cpp.
2.   Had to add #include <locale> to the top of String.cpp, after the
change in (1).

It runs quite well!

Kurt

There is a world that we know nothing about, that we can only imagine.
And that is the world of books.