[antlr-interest] Article against TreeWalkers

Klaas Hofstra antlr at klaashofstra.com
Fri Mar 10 17:47:24 PST 2006

I have implemented a language translation system both with and without
treeparsers. My problem with treeparsers is the mixing of grammar and logic,
which might my considered a plus by others.

For my implementation without treeparsers I was greatly influenced by the
implementation of the Boo language, which uses ANTLR for parsing. Everyone
who is looking for an alternative for treewalkers should have  a look at the
Boo code. Just like Boo I use a small script (<100 lines of python code) to
generate the heterogeneous classes and visitors/transformers. This approach
has worked well for me and might work for others too.

Cheers,

Klaas Hofstra