[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3 and getColumn()

Putrycz, Erik Erik.Putrycz at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Tue Mar 14 16:27:38 PST 2006

I'm currently working on a COBOL grammar for ANTLR and I have to say
that AntLRWorks is really easing my life...

In COBOL, white spaces play a major role and I looked at the Python
example. I find the startPos way less friendly than the v2 getColumn().

If I understand, currently there is no way to attach hooks (such as
overriding nextToken()) in AntLRWorks. Are there plans for that?

Thanks,

Erik Putrycz, Ph.D - Research Associate /
<mailto:erik.putrycz at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> erik.putrycz at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca / (613)
990 0681

Institute for Information Technology - Software Engineering Group

National Research Council, Canada - Building M-50, 1200 Montreal Road

Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA K1A 0R6