[antlr-interest] Re: Type Checker Implementation Question

Bryan Ewbank ewbank at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 06:24:50 PST 2006

To take this a step further...

(1) Build a separate tree-walking grammer as you describe.
(2) Use it as a separate tree-walking pass, for initial debugging.
(3) Finally, move calls of the semantic rules into the appropriate
parser actions.

This way, you get the isolation in which to build a clean pass; you also get
the benefits of a "single pass" for syntax and semantics.