[antlr-interest] PLSQL parsing nondeterminism

Martin Probst mail at martin-probst.com
Wed Mar 22 02:22:51 PST 2006

Hi,

> I was trying to parse PLSQL select  statement with the following
> grammar and got the following warning:
> Can't figure out what alt 1 and alt 2 are and how to remove this
> non-determinism.

The alternative with alt 1 and alt 2 is in this case whether or not to
actually enter an optional block. This is just a guess as I don't know
the exact line or your complete grammar, but can a subquery clause start
with "CONNECT" "BY"?

Look for a clause that comes after the clause ANTLR complains about and
that may start with CONNECT BY. If you've found it, figure out what the
parser is supposed to do in that situation - most of the time this gives
the answer what to do about it.

Martin