[antlr-interest] draft Mantra language proposal

Jan Mikkelsen janm at transactionware.com
Tue Mar 28 17:05:57 PST 2006

Hi,

Terence Parr wrote:
> I have much of the following proposal implemented for Mantra:
>
> http://www.linguamantra.org/
>
> It will serve as a tutorial for ANTLR v3 once I get it cleaned up as  it
> uses about everything :)

Interesting.

Is this intended to run on top of existing JVMs, or have its own
execution environment?

Is the point to have some kind of access to existing Java stuff without
having to deal with the Java language?  (otherwise you'd just use Ruby
or Python.)  Or is there some other point that I've missed?

Regards,

Jan Mikkelsen