[antlr-interest] executing actions during backtrack

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Fri May 12 08:04:46 PDT 2006

Having written database for a living for quite a bit of my life I find myself nodding my head in furious agreement at Martin's comments. To implement such a thing would be more work than the parser generator itself.

My vote would be not to go there at all and perhaps come up with a few grammar examples that show how to go about dealing with such a situation.

If we are not talking about arbtrary variables, structure and state in mutliple structures in mutliple target languages but something much simpler, then it woudl seem just simplest of all for the grammar programmar to deal with it in context to me.

Jim