[antlr-interest] Regarding using Antlr-3.0ea8

Kay Roepke kroepke at dolphin-services.de
Sat May 13 16:14:42 PDT 2006

On 14. May 2006, at 1:03 Uhr, Avinash Malik wrote:

> Hello,
>        I have set up an Eclipse project, which runs C-, and traslates
> it using StringTemplates.
> Earlier I used to get a JVM_Bind error by putting all the class files
> into classes directory, I have overcome that error, but now when I run
> Main.java it reaches parser statement and then just gets hung, I mean
> how long is it supposed to take to parse such a small grammar.
> What should I do--> Or is it that it does not work in Eclipse??

Does the code in Main.java try to read sth. from STDIN (or whatever
the equivalent in Java is)?
It sounds like it is waiting for some kind input.

Do you get any error messages on the console/output window? Could you
set a breakpoint and see what's going on?
Normally the parser should be fast enough not to notice any real delay.

-k