AW: [antlr-interest] Re: [antlr-dev] ANT build cruft?

Matt Benson gudnabrsam at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 08:57:01 PDT 2006

--- Koehne Kai <Kai.Koehne at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> another annoyance with the current antlr task is
> that it does not know anything about the
> dependencies between several grammars which are
> caused by common vocab files. If the parser
> generates a new vocabulary file, the consuming
> treewalker is not recompiled ... and you get bugs
> that you just do not understand :-( It would be
> great if new versions would support this :-)

Thanks for your input, Kai.  I would think this would
be another place where it would make sense for ANTLR
to provide a hook to these types of calculations,
which could then be leveraged by an Ant task.  I am
not sure how trivial this would be, however; it might
become rather onerous given a large number of input
files.  The ongoing file naming convention talks might
bear fruit that would simplify such work...

-Matt