[antlr-interest] file names and grammar names

shmuel siegel antlr at shmuelhome.mine.nu
Fri May 19 05:16:22 PDT 2006

Kay Roepke wrote:

> On 19. May 2006, at 13:37 Uhr, Ric Klaren wrote:
>
>> Including case might give
>> problem on filesystems not supporting (or faking) case sensitivity.
>
> I thought about that, too, but the only (relevant) filesystem I can
> think of is HFS+. But while being
> case-insensitive, it is case preserving, thus I don't think there will
> be any problem with it. At least I've
> never encountered any problems.
> But for good measure we could output a helpful message indicating
> potential case mismat when ANTLR cannot find
> a file.
>
> -k

I have run into this problem using Eclipse on win2k. Java complains that
the class name doesn't match the file name because of case sensitivity.
Eclipse won't let me change the file name to the same name with
different case, because a file of that name already exists. Instead I
have to change the file name to a temporary name and then to the name
that I really want.