[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3 Tool behavior

Matt Benson gudnabrsam at yahoo.com
Fri May 26 09:59:40 PDT 2006

This may be best related to the Ant task thread, but I
started a new one.  I wanted to throw out some
thoughts regarding the way the Tool currently works,
and see if anything came of it... it seems that ANTLR
is basically designed such that your grammar files are
in your source tree.  Obviously there are the output
directory switches, but there is still weirdness if,
e.g. you have two grammar files, Parser/Lexer and
TreeParser, in a directory separate from your source
tree, and want the source for all three generated
elsewhere.  My perspective here may very well be naive
so any thoughts anyone has on this subject are
appreciated.

TIA,
Matt