[antlr-interest] Re: [antlr-dev] we can do push/pop error stuff for 4%

Martin Probst mail at martin-probst.com
Sun May 28 04:18:37 PDT 2006

> LinkedList, however, seemed to be the best in most situations
> I've seen provided it's implemented sanely.

Did you test that? I have seen LinkedLists perform worse then
ArrayLists in the typical LinkedList use case, e.g. only operating on
head or tail of the list, no random access. Rationale was that
LinkedList push/pop operations put more load on the garbage collector
compared to the array list. So it might make sense to actually test
that if you use LinkedList - you can probably use ArrayList as a drop
in replacement anyways.

Martin