[antlr-interest] philosophy about translation

Anthony W. Youngman antlr at thewolery.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 7 06:06:00 PST 2006

In message <20061106200601.0B5989C2 at mail.intersystems.com>, Jim Idle
<jimi at intersystems.com> writes

Likely? I'm not sure - did you write a chunk of UniVerse? I always
associate you with jBASE.

Mind you, I don't see what else the "bright spark" could have done. I
think the Prime CPUs had BCD instructions, so didn't have all the "wide
0" problems of UV.

I just don't remember PI having anywhere near the number problems that
UV seems to have.

Cheers,
Wol
Anthony W. Youngman - anthony at thewolery.demon.co.uk