[antlr-interest] Grammar Perplexity in v3.0 (More)

Randall R Schulz rschulz at sonic.net
Sun Nov 12 09:39:43 PST 2006

Terence,

On Sunday 12 November 2006 09:08, Terence Parr wrote:

> > I'm afraid I don't get it. Which "both" are you referring to?
> > Atomic word is a basic symbol token.
>
> oh, plainTerm is a parser rule...sorry...  yeah that part is ok then.
>
> Hmm....the rules look ok.  What is your entire input to the rule
> plainTerm?  Have you run AW to see what that parser rule accepts?
> What tokens are 4 and 6?  Have you stepped through with a debugger?

You can find the complete grammar file and a sample of valid input here:

- <http://64.142.14.4/~rschulz/TSTP.g>
- <http://64.142.14.4/~rschulz/MED001+0.ax>

The grammar has changed a bit since I wrote the original message here,
but the problems remain.

I don't know how to use the debugger, and there appear to be significant
discrepancies between the ANTLRworks User's Guide
(<http://www.antlr.org/works/doc/antlrworks.pdf>) and the program as it
presents itself on my system. When I issue the "Debug..." command, I
get an alert stating "Compiler Exception: ClassNotFoundException:
com.sun.tools.javac.Main". I do have a full JDK installed, of course.
I'm using SuSE Linux 10.0 and Sun's Java 1.5.0_07.

> Ter

Randy