[antlr-interest] Antlr 3.0b5 - possible Bug in NFAToDFAConverter

Kay Roepke kroepke at classdump.org
Fri Nov 17 07:13:06 PST 2006

Hi Alexander!

On 17. Nov 2006, at 15:56 , alexander.berger at finnova.ch wrote:

> Hi Everybody.
>
> I upgraded from antlr 3.0b4 to 3.0b5 and now the processing of my
> grammar
> fails with the StackTrace below. Antlr is consuming a lot of memory
> (up to
> 1GB), so it looks as if there is a serious problem in the NFA to
> DFA Converter.
>
> So, can anybody please confirm this or am I the only one having
> this problem. The grammar producing this error is quite big but I
> will provide
> it if someone wants to have a look at it.

That would be helpful, yes. Terence has made quite a few changes to
the DFA stuff to fix bugs so it is possible that something's gone
wrong :(

> By the way. What is the official way to report bugs in antlr 3.0b* ?

Just send them to this list. We will pick it up and put it into the
bugtracker. You can view the list
of known bugs at <http://www.antlr.org:8888/secure/Dashboard.jspa>.

cheers,

-k